Entries and nominations are actually open for the 2023 British Farming Awards, which purpose to focus on the work carried out by UK farmers.
Sponsored by Morrisons, the annual occasion will return on October 19, 2023, with the time limit for entries being June 23.
Alongside farming sectors like dairy, beef, sheep, arable and contracting, the awards additionally purpose to recognise different teams like household farms, college students, new entrants, agri-tech and farm permutations.
Award organisers additionally welcome nominations of companies which have launched constructive modifications whether or not by embracing expertise, streamlining productions and effectivity, educating the general public about meals provenance or revamping their enterprise fashions by diversification.
Morrisons head of agriculture, fisheries and sustainable sourcing, Sophie Throup, mentioned: “As long-term supporters of British farming, we need to thank farmers throughout the nation for the work they proceed to do in these difficult instances.
“We need to assist the popularity of the hassle, care, innovation and expertise British farmers put into making and offering meals we’re all happy with.”
The 2023 British Farming Awards classes are:
- Agricultural Pupil of the Yr;
- Agri-Tech Innovator of the Yr;
- Arable Farmer of the Yr;
- Beef Farmer of the Yr (sponsored by ABP);
- Contractor of the Yr (sponsored by Kuhn);
- Dairy Farmer of the Yr (sponsored by KW Various Feeds);
- Digital Innovator of the Yr;
- Diversification of the Yr (sponsored by NFU Mutual);
- Household Farming Enterprise of the Yr (sponsored by Goodyear);
- Farm Employee of the Yr (sponsored by Isuzu);
- Farmers Guardian Farming Hero (sponsored by Eternit);
- Grassland Farmer of the Yr (sponsored by Germinal);
- New Entrant Award: In opposition to the Odds (sponsored by Massey Ferguson);
- Excellent Contribution to British Agriculture (sponsored by NSF);
- Sheep Farmer of the Yr (sponsored by SAI International);
- Sustainable Farmer of the Yr (sponsored by Lloyds).